Refurbishment Process & Levels
Amazon Leisure offers refurbished fitness equipment and accessories from all leading manufacturers and we also regularly restore customers’ own equipment as part of their gym upgrades. Amazon's four levels of refurbishment gives customers the choice to reflect their desired quality and to meet a range of budgets.
This page shows the details of our refurbishment process, to see our refurbished equipment click here.
Level 1: Full Refurbishment
Below is the 9 step process that each piece of equipment goes through:
1. Fully dismantle each piece of equipment – cleaning it inside and out.
2. Fully rub down all metal work prior to painting
3. Apply rust treatment where required
4. Fully prime every machine
5. Apply base and top coat
6. Bake each individual layer throughout the paint process
7. Replace all broken and worn parts as required:
- We fit a new running belt as standard (& deck when it can’t be flipped) when refurbishing treadmills.
- We fit new pedals and straps on all cycles when refurbishing cycles.
- Shrouds will be replaced if cracked or broken – where ever possible with second-hand
- Pads are replaced on all strength equipment.
8. Full QA and PAT testing - all machines pass through QA ensuring high standards of quality are attained in the production process
9. Re-test all machines immediately prior to dispatch
Level 2: Economy Refurbishment
We take care over the selection of equipment for this budget refurbishment to avoid excessive reworking. This means suitable equipment is not always available.
1. Equipment will be complete and in working order.
2. PAT Testing will be carried out where applicable.
3. Machines will be tested through a full range of mechanical and electronic functions.
4. Machines will be cleaned externally and vacuumed internally.
5. Torn pads will be replaced with like for like pads. (All pads can be replaced with new in a colour of your choice for an additional charge.)
6. Shrouds and covers may have small cracks or blemishes
7. Small amounts of visible rust may be present.
8. Minor squeaks and noises may be present but these will not affect the machine’s function.
9. Any part or accessory such as decks or belts can be replaced if required for an additional charge.
* Economy refurbished machines do not come with a warranty and we recommend that you ask for photograph and / or come to inspect the machines prior to purchase.
If this level of refurbishment does not suit your requirements we recommend you to choose Amazon Leisure’s Fully Refurbished Equipment – the quality standards we set at this level are market leading for quality and finish and are the benchmark against which others are judged.
Level 3: Trade (As Is)
1. Only for registered trade customers.
2. Goods sold “As is” from the warehouse.
3. No general requirement to be complete or working.
4. Should only be sold to customers who can undertake the repairs
5. Sales should advise the customer if substantial elements are missing
Key Facts about Amazon Refurbishing
Amazon Quality. We have built our reputation on the quality of our refurbishing giving you equipment that your customers will think is new. All our fully refurbished equipment is stripped back to bare metal before repainting with an extensive list of parts replaced. Contact our Sales Team for a full specification of the Refurbishment Process.
Value for Money. Not only is the refurbishment process carried out to the highest standards but it represents excellent value for money as equipment can be as much as 60% cheaper than the new equivalent.
Customisation. Gym owners increasingly want to stand out from the herd – choose a colour scheme to suit your existing equipment or go for something really different. With strength the options for frame and vinyl colours are almost limitless.
12-Month Warranty. All our fully refurbished equipment is covered by Amazon’s 12 month warranty for Parts and Labour
Quality Control. The finished equipment all goes through an extensive quality control process to ensure the highest standards are met and to ensure you have a trouble-free warranty period.
Pride. Amazon takes pride in its work and welcomes you to visit our workshops.